Assessment & Evaluation
The Academic year is divided into the following two terms:
1st Term: August-December
2nd Term: January-May
There are no formal examinations from kindergarten to grade II, as per government policy. However, a child’s progress is recorded at the end of each term. Students are assessed regularly on the basis of their homework and class work and through revision worksheets.
The assessment pattern at SUN Academy is as follows:
- Students are assessed on a continuous basis.
- Students' performance records are maintained through monthly progress charts and reading graphs.
- Students are not graded through numbers up to class II. Instead, the star code as a criterion of success is given for each of the grades. The star code is as follows:
Excellent Red Star
Good Green Star
Satisfactory Blue Star
Needs improvement Yellow Star
- No exam is repeated. Any exam missed due to an unplanned holiday is taken at the end of all examinations.
- The exam timetable remains unchanged.
- A medical certificate must support the absence of a student due to illness during an examination.
- Any use of unfair means will be given a zero in the subject.
- A conference with the parent will be held and if a repeated attempt is made to cheat, the child will be expelled from school. To pass an examination, a minimum of 40% marks should be obtained.
SUN Academy is registered with the Aga Khan Examination Board (AKU-EB) .The school follows the AKU-EB syllabi and Assessment System from Class VI onwards.